Professional development is one of the most valuable aspects of ARMS membership.
ARMS also supports its members’ Professional Development through a number of education and training programs, such as the Accreditation Program as well as through awards for travel and for Excellence in Research Management
You will be able to find resources and information about professional development on this website, follow links to course information, and learn about a wiki that is used by research administrators, including our members.
The annual highlight of Professional Development in ARMS is our conference.
ARMS is calling for membership to the Education and Professional Development Committee from individuals interested in contributing to the professional development framework of the Society.
The Education and Professional Development Committee is responsible for overseeing the development, promotion, operational management and delivery of the Society’s Accreditation Program (Foundation and Professional) and other professional development activities to serve the needs of the members. Specifically, the EPDC is responsible for:
- Identifying and developing international best-practice professional development opportunities, including sourcing programs from sister societies and other education and training providers;
- Overseeing the implementation of the Society’s own Accreditation programs, recognising that the quality of content, delivery and assessment of these programs is the responsibility of the Accreditation Council;
- Developing the content and oversee the delivery of the annual Conference Professional Development Workshop series;
- Working with the Members Services Committee on the delivery of appropriate professional development opportunities at the Chapter level;
- Overseeing the Society’s professional development awards programs.
- Overseeing the Society’s mentoring activities; and
- Providing quarterly reports to the Board on education and professional development activities, and other reports as requested by the Board.
Nominations must be submitted to email@example.com by 10 August 2018all for Nominations 2018