In these fiscally challenging times, the financial management of research funding has become a specialised function in many institutions. The scrutiny on the expenditure of funds, and compliance requirements from funding bodies has significantly increased.
In light of this a new Research Finance Managers Special Interest Group has been established.
Most of the ARMS members’ involved in the financial administration of research funding will predominantly be working with the same funding bodies, and will have common issues relating to compliance, and the interpretation of the rules. The SIG will promote the dissemination and institutional collaboration for members with the aim of providing:
- A forum for those professional staff within ARMS involved in research finance to discuss new process, compliance requirements, technical developments, issues, innovations to reduce duplication;
- Enable partnering of institutions for knowledge transfer and assistance;
- A mechanism for members to discuss interpretation of funding body rules relating to the financial management of grants;
- Act as a conduit for issue identification across institutions with potential for multi-institutional requests for development to the relevant research information management organisations;
- Enable knowledge transfer, potential professional development opportunities and create a network of ARMS members with an interest in research finance.
For more information and how to become involved in the SIG please email: firstname.lastname@example.org