CALLS FOR NOMINATIONS TO JOIN THE ARMS BOARD
The Society is now calling for nominations from its members to serve on the ARMS Board for four (4) positions which will be up for renewal following the Annual General Meeting in September 2017.
If you are passionate about research management and believe you can contribute actively to the future direction of the Society, please consider nominating for any one of the following positions:
- 3 x Board Members
The Treasurer has responsibility for:
- Maintaining accurate and current records and an audit trail of all accounts maintained by the Society;
- Financial accountability including planning and budgeting in accordance with the current ARMS Strategic Plan;
- Advising the Board on financial strategy including preparation of financial reports, both current and forecasts, and management of investments;
- Attending and participating in all scheduled ARMS Board meetings and as an ex-officio member of the Governance, Finance and Audit Committee (GFAC);
- Regular liaison with the Finance Officer and coordination of transactional operations;
- Being informed about the Society’s mission, governance structure, and programs;
- Preparation of the Society’s Annual Financial Statement for endorsement by our membership at the AGM; and
- Assisting the Board in carrying out its legal obligations.
The Treasurer is appointed for a two-year term and will not need to seek re-election for the second year of her/his appointment.
Board Member (3 positions are available)
A Board member is responsible for:
- Actively participating in ARMS Board activities and business;
- Ensuring that the Society’s mission and goals under the 2016-2018 ARMS Strategic Plan are being achieved;·
- Acting as a Board Liaison of a Society Standing Committee(s), as approved by the President; and
- Assisting the ARMS Board to carry out its legal obligations.
The Board member is appointed for a two-year term and is not required to seek re-election for the second year of her/his appointment.
In completing a nomination, you are advised to review:
Click here to download the nomination form.
For further enquiries, please contact the ARMS COO, Maria Zollo, email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOMINATIONS CLOSE – 5.00 PM AEST, 31 July 2017.