Re-Advertisment - Call for Nominations for Vacant Treasurer Role - 2017
The Society is re-advertising the call for ARMS Board membership to encourage nominations from eligible individuals who wish to be considered for the role of Treasurer only.
We are seeking nominations from eligible members who have finance experience or experience in a finance role or are prepared to acquire the skills necessary for this role. If you are passionate about research management and wish to contribute to the financial sustainability of the Society, we encourage you to nominate today.
Note that nominations for the general board roles (x 3) have now closed. Please be advised that the number of nominations received exceeded the number of roles available and therefore a ballot will be required. The ballot process will commence on the 25th of August 2017. More information will be circulated to voting members of the Society over the coming days.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE TREASURER ROLE WILL NOW CLOSE – 5.00 PM AEST, 18 August 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Treasurer has responsibility for:
- Maintaining accurate and current records and an audit trail of all accounts maintained by the Society;
- Financial accountability including planning and budgeting in accordance with the current ARMS Strategic Plan;
- Advising the Board on financial strategy including preparation of financial reports, both current and forecasts, and management of investments;
- Attending and participating in all scheduled ARMS Board meetings and as an ex-officio member of the Governance, Finance and Audit Committee (GFAC);
- Regular liaison with the Finance Officer and coordination of transactional operations;
- Being informed about the Society’s mission, governance structure, and programs;
- Preparation of the Society’s Annual Financial Statement for endorsement by our membership at the AGM; and
- Assisting the Board in carrying out its legal obligations.
The Treasurer is appointed for a two-year term and will not need to seek re-election for the second year of her/his appointment.
In completing a nomination for the Treasurer role, you are advised to review:
Click here to download the nomination form.
For further enquiries, please contact the ARMS COO, Maria Zollo, email email@example.com
NOMINATIONS CLOSE – 5.00 PM AEST, 18 August 2017.