2018 INORMS AWARDS For Excellence in Research Management Leadership Announced
The Council governing the International Network of Research Management Societies (INORMS) this year created an inaugural Award for Excellence in Research Management Leadership which aims to celebrate the achievements of research management leaders who have made substantial contributions to the research management profession internationally. The Awards will be offered in alignment with the biennial Congress.
Each participating INORMS member association identified its own awardee who had met a range of selection criteria including evidence of outstanding contributions to the research management profession and provision of visionary leadership in research management internationally.
The Awards were announced ahead of the INORMS Gala Dinner at last week’s INORMS Congress in Edinburgh.
ARMS is pleased to announce that Professor Michael Khor, ARMS Singapore Chapter Convenor from Nanyang Technological University was one of 11 recipients to receive the inaugural award.
Dr Campbell Thomson, ARMS President said: “ We congratulate Professor Khor on receiving this prestigious award. He is an exemplary leader and an outstanding candidate of this inaugural award”.
Other recipients from across the INORMS member associations include:
- Association of Research Managers and Administrators (UK) jointly with the Society of Research Administrators International (US) - Ian Carter
- Canadian Association of Research Managers and Administrators: Katie Porter
- Danish Association of Research Managers and Administrators: Annedorte Vad
- European Association of Research Managers and Administrators: Frank Heemskerk
- Finnish Association of Research Managers and Advisors: Ilkka Virtanen
- Icelandic Association for Research Managers and Administrators: Greta Bjork
- National Council of University Research Administrators:Denise Clark
- Norwegian Network for Administration and Research Management: Vibeke Helen Moe
- Southern African Research & Innovation Management Association: Jose Jackson-Malete
- West African Research and Innovation Management Association:Professor Olufemi Adebisi Bamiro
INORMS brings together research management societies and associations internationally. Its purpose is to enable interactions, share good practice, and coordinate activities between the member societies, to the benefit of their individual membership. For further details visit the INORMS website www.inorms.net