ARMS-INORMS 2018 Travel Awards
Information for Applicants
Closing Date for Travel Awards: AEDST 5.00 pm on 5 January 2018
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
ARMS recognises the importance of offering its members opportunities to develop collaborations beyond our region and to gain exposure to international research management.
INORMS is the International Organisation for Research Management Societies. Its purpose is to enable interactions, sharing of good practice, and joint activities between the member societies, to the benefit of their individual memberships.
ARMS-INORMS 2018 Travel Awards are intended to provide financial assistance for members to travel to the biennial conference. The 2018 INORMS conference will be held in Edinburgh, Scotland from 4-7 June 2018.
The Congress will feature a variety of plenary sessions, seminars and workshops covering key research management topics, specifically exploring the theme, Promoting Global Research Management, Supporting Global Research Challenges. The programme will be enhanced by a variety of opportunities for delegates to develop their personal and professional skills.
The Society may allocate up to 5 (five) awards in 2018 to an upper limit of AUD$3,000 per award. The number and value of the awards may vary, depending on the number and quality of applications received.
The INORMS Travel Awards are assessed by a sub-committee of the ARMS Board. All applicants will be notified via email of the outcome of their application. There is no appeals process, but feedback will be given by the ARMS Chief Operating Officer upon request.
How to Apply?
Applicants are advised to review the guidelines and then complete the application form. A calendar of key dates can be found in the Guidelines below.
Enquiries can be emailed to email@example.com.
Fellows of ARMS - 2017 Call for Nominations (NEW)
ABOUT FELLOWS OF ARMS
Fellows of ARMS are recognized as individuals who have made an enduring and substantial contribution to research management as a practitioner, mentor, trainer or advocate in the research management profession.
Fellows of ARMS will be entitled to carry this post nominal and encouraged to participate actively in the work of the ARMS community to share best practice in the profession of research management well beyond their membership with ARMS.
CLOSING DATE AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Completed nomination forms must reach the ARMS Executive Office, email firstname.lastname@example.org by cob, AEST 18 August 2017. Late nominations will not be accepted.
CHAPTER TRAVEL AWARDS FOR ATTENDING ARMS WELLINGTON CONFERENCE 2017
To be considered for an award you must:
- Be a financial member of ARMS at the time of the application, and for the duration of the award (as an individual or part of a corporate membership);
- Have not previously received a Chapter Travel Award;
- Have not been awarded an ARMS/ University Office Travel Award;
- Demonstrate that your organisation supports your attendance at the ARMS Wellington Conference and will meet costs not covered by the Travel Award. Evidence of the support should be through a Letter of Support or Self-Employed Statement:
If you are an employee, your application must be accompanied by a formal letter of support from the Line Manager or supervisor in your organisation. At a minimum, the letter should:
- Confirm that the organisation supports your attendance at the conference;
- Confirm that the organisation will meet the costs not covered by the Award; and
- Describe how attending the ARMS Wellington Conference is relevant to your current role and responsibilities in the organisation and how it aligns with your career plan.
If you are self-employed, your application must be accompanied by a one-page statement describing your business and how it contributes to the Australasian research management sector.
Your application should address each of the following essential criteria, up to a maximum of 2 pages.
- Your professional experience in the research management field, over the last five years. Summarise roles held and key responsibilities.
- Previous attendance at a past ARMS conference or conferences. Briefly indicate which ARMS conferences you have attended (to help the committee consider applications on frequency of attendance).
- Barriers to attending an ARMS conference. If you have wanted to attend an ARMS conference this year or in the past, but have not been able to do so, please outline the barriers to you attending.
- Aspects of the ARMS Wellington Conference program you are especially interested in. Please be specific in your response, explaining how those aspects of the program will contribute to your professional development.
- Benefit of attending the conference and how this will fit into your career aspirations in Research Management.
All applications will be reviewed by the Chapter Committee and awarded by ARMS.
All applicants will be notified via email of the outcome of their application.
There will be no appeals process, but feedback will be given by the Chapter Convenor to all unsuccessful applicants, upon request.
Awardees will also be required to provide a brief post conference report 6 weeks after the conference. This information will be used for promotional purposes and the report is to be submitted to the Chapter Convenor.
Applications are to be emailed to the ARMS Executive Office by the closing date of 31 May 2017 email, email@example.com
ARMS/UNIVERSITY OFFICE 2017 TRAVEL AWARD
APPLICATIONS extended to 21/7/2017
University Office is pleased to be offering additional support again in 2017 for one eligible ARMS member to attend the ARMS Wellington Conference from the 26th – 29th September 2017.
Our 2016 recipient, Dr Mandy Pink said,
“When I applied for the award, I had recently completed the ARMS accreditation program. Overall the conference gave me an opportunity to network widely with like-minded people and to understand how research management operates in other institutions. I returned to UTAS reinvigorated and with greater confidence. I am grateful to University Office and ARMS for making me feel so welcome at the conference”
About the Award
The ARMS/University Office 2017 Travel Award shall be used to support attendance of the ARMS Wellington Conference in New Zealand by an eligible member of the Society. Specifically, the award will cover:
- Full conference registration;
- A single, return economy flight to Wellington from within New Zealand or from a Non-New Zealand state or territory capital city; and
- Accommodation for three nights at the conference venue.
To be considered for an award, an applicant must:
- Be an ARMS Accredited Research Manager (Foundation); and
- Be a financial member of ARMS at the time of the application, and for the duration of the award.
Note that employees of University Office or its associated entities are ineligible to apply for this award.
University Office is a 100% Australian owned and operated software provider that has developed into an international leader in Research Management and Administration applications and solutions. University Office has worked extensively with the research community to deliver holistic research management solutions tailored for both universities and research driven institutions.
To download the guidelines - click here
To download the application form - click here
ARMS/CSIRO AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH MANAGEMENT PRACTICE 2017
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM AEST, 28 JULY 2017
CSIRO is the official sponsor for the 2017 Awards for Excellence in Research Management Practice.
The Award recognises outstanding contributions by an individual or team that have enhanced the profession of research management and administration through:
a) Leading change – characterised by engaging in best practice for sustainable outcomes; working collaboratively to enhance teamwork; and positively influencing others by building shared commitment to workplace and organisational objectives.
b) Working smarter – characterised by using creative and innovative solutions that enable work to be carried out more easily, efficiently and/or productively, while not compromising the quality of outcomes.
c) Providing quality service – recognised by client groups for consistently providing outstanding service that has enhanced the profession of research management.
d) Innovation in research management – through the development of new ideas and the creation of novel solutions.
Two awards of up to $1,000 may be awarded annually.
CSIRO is the federal government agency for scientific research in Australia. Its chief role is to improve the economic and social performance of industry, for the benefit of the community.
Nomination for the award is open to current financial ARMS members. Nominations of both individuals and teams are encouraged. For the latter, at least one ARMS member of the team must have played a significant leadership or initiating role.
The following ARMS members are excluded from nomination as an individual recipient:
a) Previous recipients of this award;
b) Members of the ARMS Board; and
c) Employees of CSIRO.
Award winners will be presented with their prize and a certificate at a Gala Dinner at the ARMS Wellington Conference on the 28th of September 2017. The recipient’s employer will receive prize money to be used for professional development of the winning individual or team. The award recipient(s) will also be featured in our e-newsletter, Up In ARMS and on the ARMS website.
Submitting an application
To nominate an individual or a team, download and complete the nomination form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM AEST 28 July 2017.
Download guidelines here:
Download application form here: