- TAS Chapter Conference presentation workshop
University of Tasmania Sandy Bay Campus
Social Sciences Building, Room 210
Sandy Bay , TAS 7005
- Wednesday, 27th of June 2018
- Start Time
- 9:00 am
- Finish Time
- 12:30 pm
Are you presenting at the Australasian Research Management Conference?
Then come along to this excellent 2-part workshop with Sharon Ferrier from Persuasive Presentation. You will learn how to prepare and deliver oral and poster presentations with clarity, engagement and persuasion. Seats are limited – Register early! Morning tea is provided.
Both days of the workshop will be videoconferenced to Launceston (room TBA).
Workshop 1 (on 27 June) will focus on preparing your presentation including:
1. Developing your confidence – managing your internal voice
2. Defining your presentation objective
3. Tailoring your presentation to the audience
4. Developing your topic – mind mapping
5. Structuring your presentation so it is easy to follow
6. Preparing a ‘grab’ and a pitch for your presentation (oral and poster )
7. Making it persuasive
8. Facts tell stories sell - how stories can help us explain complex issues
9. How to develop a call to action
Workshop 2 (date TBA) will focus on delivering your presentation, including:
1. Mastering the delivery
2. Body language and eye contact
3. Vocal variety
4. Working a poster display
5. Answering questions & managing snipers and hijackers.
6. How to prevent death by PowerPoint
7. Skill practice
8. Present your poster
9. Practice your presentation
Members: Please login to the member portal and register via the ‘Events’ tab.
Non-members: This event is for ARMS members only
For more information please contact Adele Kay at Adele.Kay@utas.edu.au
- Buy Tickets