The Australasian Research Management Society (ARMS) is the Australasian association of research management professionals.
Since its founding in 1999, the ARMS network has grown to involve more than 3000 members from universities, independent research institutions, government and health and research organisations from across the Australasian region including Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.
ARMS is dedicated to the development of research management professionals; the promotion of the profession of research management; and the advancement of the research enterprise. The Society fulfills its mission through:
- A strong, agile and resilient network of research management professionals at all levels and in a variety of settings through personal relationships and professional collaborations, presentations, formal and informal meetings and publications;
- Development and promotion of international best practice for research management in Australasia and Singapore that is responsive to the changing factors that influence the research environment ; and
- Enhancement of the interface between researchers and research management professionals.
- Equity and diversity in the profession of research management;
- A strong, vibrant profession;
- High standards of research governance including the uncompromising protection of the integrity and the ethics of research; and
- The profession of research management as integral to the research enterprise.
- High-quality, targeted professional training and development;
- Access to an annual conference with a reduced registration rate for members;
- Access to an accreditation program which recognises research management as a profession;
- Knowledge exchange through state-wide chapters and special interest groups;
- Access to awards and scholarships; and
- Member resources and advocacy services.
Learn more about ARMS - Click here to view a short video about ARMS