Engagement and Impact Assessment: a panel discussion
On the 30th of November 2018, the ACT Chapter of ARMS held a panel discussion on the recently launched Australian Impact and Engagement exercise. With the exercise fresh in the minds of the higher education sector, it was a good time to look back and reflect on how things went, what might have been done better, learnings from the past and how universities might use this exercise on-going as a way to strengthen pathways to implement their institutional strategies and social and economic implications of the exercise.
As the discussion is relevant to so many of our members, we wanted to share a recording of the afternoon with you. Many thanks to the ARMS ACT Chapter for organising the event and the video.
Panellists (in alphabetical order by first name):
- Prof Glenn Withers AO; President Australian Council of Learned Academies
- Prof Janine Deakin; Director, Institute for Applied Ecology
- Mr Jeff Pulford; Executive Director, Technology Park in Federation University
- Prof Leigh Sullivan; Deputy Vice Chancellor, Research & Innovation, University of Canberra
- Prof Michael Cardew-Hall; A/Deputy Vice Chancellor, Research & Innovation, Australian National University
- Prof Sally Wheeler OBE; Dean of the ANU College of Law, Australian National University