- PD Sessions @ Zoom #1 - Effective Delivery of Advice and Resources for Research Funding Success
- Online event
- Friday, 29th of March 2019
- Start Time
- 12:00 pm
- Finish Time
- 1:00 pm
- Effective Delivery of Advice and Resources
for Research Funding Success
This session aims to provide insight on effective communication techniques that research managers can use to build productive relationships with researchers. Ross will share his experience as a Research Development Manager at Macquarie University and reflect on how the various initiatives that he has implemented over the last 4 years have improved researcher experience and confidence in applying for research income. This session will describe:
About the presenterRoss Hill works closely with researchers across all disciplines to develop high-quality, competitive research proposals. In his role as Research Development Manager at Macquarie University, Ross is also responsible for the identification, development and implementation of programs and initiatives aimed at increasing researcher effectiveness in research funding endeavours. Prior to his career in research management, Ross was a researcher in biological sciences for 10 years at UTS and UNSW, having held two highly-competitive postdoctoral fellowships and receiving funding from the ARC and other agencies.
- Approaches to assisting researchers identify funding opportunities
- How best to provide strategic advice to researchers for the development of competitive funding applications
- Opportunities for working across several platforms to provide a diverse range of support strategies and formats
- How providing a collaborative and supportive environment will build researcher confidence and resilience in submitting funding applications
- How implementing an annual performance evaluation can improve support services and resources to ensure researchers are provided with the highest-quality tools for the development of competitive funding applications
Time: 12pm AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time) - be sure to check what time this converts to in your region!
Date: Friday 29 March 2019
RSVP: 28 March 2019. Registration is essential and open to all ARMS members.
CPE: Accredited members (ARMAs and ARMFs) can claim 1 CPE hour per session.
Zoom webinar link: https://zoom.us/j/464663588
Webinar ID: 464-663-588
Click here for Zoom webinar instructions.The session will be recorded and available for download in the week following the webinar from the PD Sessions @ Zoom page.
View all upcoming sessions on the ARMS website. ARMS Members are encouraged to attend any (or all) sessions. ARMS will be in touch at least two weeks before each session with all the session information.
If you have any questions, contact the ARMS Executive Office
email@example.com or +61 8 8201 5592.If you need assistance with accessing Zoom at your office, please contact your organisation’s IT Support.
- Buy Tickets